To be the consumers first choice for the most qualified inspectors in the industry, to protect lives, health and investments, now and for all future generations.
The California Real Estate Inspection Association promotes excellence in the real estate inspection profession and is committed to supporting every member in achieving the highest level of expertise in the industry.
The Association is formed for the purpose of engaging in any lawful act or activity for which a nonprofit corporation may be organized under the law, including but not limited to the following:
- Planning, developing, and overseeing professional opportunities for members and others to achieve the highest level of respect for the real estate inspection profession;
- Establishing, promoting, and maintaining professional standards and qualifications;
- Communicating the ethics, standards, purposes, goals, and accomplishments of CREIA to its membership, government, and the general public;
- Developing, reviewing, publishing, and presenting technical and educational materials;
- Developing, maintaining, and enhancing membership growth and retention programs;
- Promoting and enhancing relationships with other associations, governmental agencies, standards organizations, and the general public.
- Integrity - No cutting corners, no compromise, persevering
- Competence - Professional knowledge and expertise
- Belonging - Among the leaders advancing high standards through collaboration
- Passion - For serving and protecting our clients
Established in 1976, CREIA is a non-profit 501(c) 6 association with twenty chapters located throughout the California. CREIA regularly holds an Annual Conference and other educational programs, advocates for the profession, and offers leadership opportunities to it members. CREIA is the oldest and largest nonprofit state inspector association in the country - and California-specific in education and consumer outreach. CREIA is in enhancing consumer protection and promoting public awareness.
The CREIA Board of Directors is representative of the CREIA membership. In addition to the CREIA Board of Directors and chapter leadership opportunities, there are several standing committees and task forces that report to the Board of Directors. We encourage our membership to get involved.
CREIA's Standards of Practice have been recognized by the State of California, and are considered the source for home inspector standard of care by the real estate and legal communities.
Section 1 of Stats.1996, c. 338 (S.B.258), provides:
"The State of California does NOT license home inspectors. CREIA takes the lead in requiring adherence to CREIA's Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, which the Legislature expressly recognized with official legislative intent provisions in the enactment of the home inspector laws."
CREIA = Tier One Inspectors
Unsurpassed testing; Unmatched training and education requirements; Industry leading performance Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics – That’s why California Law specifically mentions CREIA as an industry benchmark.
CREIA Regions and Chapters
Regional and State Directors represent their local Chapters/Members on the CREIA Board of Directors. Most chapters hold monthly educational meetings and special event programs. Each CREIA member is assigned to a local chapter. All Certified CREIA Inspector (CCI) and Master CREIA Inspector (MCI) members, Associates (formerly Candidates), Affiliates and prospective members/guests are invited to attend local meetings. Chapter meetings are an excellent way to meet and interact with peers, participate in educational programs, and market products and services to those in the inspection industry.
CREIA Educational Mission Statement
The educational growth of the individual inspector through participation in CREIA membership activities and programs where the sharing of experience and knowledge will result in betterment of the home inspection profession and protection of the consumer public which it serves.